The story organic pigs are a traditional south west breed ‘The Large Black’ are well suited to an outdoor lifestyle. They are easily distinguishable with their large floppy ears and they absolutely love wallowing in the mud. They produce an all round carcass equally good for your roast joint of pork and to cure for hams and bacon.
The pigs are all reared organically which means
- Free to range on organic pasture
- They are given organic feed which is GM and pesticide free
- They are housed in small colonies
- They are produced to high levels of animal welfare
- They are not given routine antibiotics