The story organic pigs are supplied by Helen Browning from her farm near Swindon.
The Browning family have been tenants since 1950 since when the farm has grown slightly to about 1,400 organic acres across the north Wiltshire Downs, right on the Oxfordshire and Berkshire borders. Helen Browning has run the place since 1986, when she started to move it towards organic status.
She uses the traditional Saddleback breed, a no nonsense pig. They produce an all round carcass that is both equally good for your roast joint of pork and to cure for hams and bacon.
The pigs are all reared organically which means
• Free to range on organic pasture
• They are given organic feed which is GM and pesticide free
• They are housed in small colonies
• They are produced to high levels of animal welfare
• They are not given routine antibiotics
Organic chicken and local Game
Pasture fed, dry aged
Organic, rare breed
All organic, all local